The two year qualification period for unfair dismissal has now been in place for over two years and means that those who start a job on or after 6 April 2012, now have to work for two years rather than one to claim unfair dismissal. However, it should be borne in mind that there are still some dismissals which do not require a qualification period such as: –
- reasons relating to jury service
- reasons relating to pregnancy or childbirth
- reasons relating to time off for dependants
- dismissal for whistleblowing
- dismissal in connection with the right to request flexible working.
Call us on 01425 275555 or FREEPHONE 0800 083 2755 if you wish to discuss an employment law matter. We offer a FREE initial consultation.